Saturday, August 14, 2010

Amazing Moment

Sometimes life is tough, sometimes overwhelming, sometimes you're emotionally spent, sometimes you have really bad heartburn and are pregnant and convinced your baby never actually decide to be born, and then sometimes life is just good.

That day has been a good day. I'm not sure there are many more amazing things to behold than the sweetness of a new baby. Newborns grow so fast, they change so quickly, so many things, the clutch of tiny fingers, a particular swirl of hair on the forehead, the quivering pouty lip with the tenancy cry, they pass away and merge into new, different, wonderful things. These early moments with a new person God has made are precious gifts.

Tuesday morning, at 7:25, we met our new son. He is beautiful, with wide-open eyes and a pointed nose, he looks so little and handsome, and every superlative one could conjure. God's grace in my life continues to overwhelm and amaze me. I can't tell you how undeserving I am of these precious ones He has given me. And each child our Father adds to our brood makes me aware of my own weakness and my ultimate need for Him.

Here is my latest reminder of God's goodness & my need for Him. His name is Nicholas Gabriel.

No comments:

Love for All Seasons

No matter which season my teens are passing through, rely on GOD to give me wisdom & strength to love them well through their winter, sp...